I think I may be dying
Or Maybe Getting OLD.
Every step I take I am in pain, with any movement my body aches (except for typing of course), but I go on, without whinning...(not exactly true but it sure sounds good). So why the am I on the door of death? I was raking my leaves yesterday. I love the fall, all the wonderful colours, it just takes your breath away (in my case muscles away). I love the falling leaves, I can just sit there and watch them fall one by one. I have come to the conclusion that I like it only when I am in the forest where I do not carry a rake, I like falling leaves on someones elses lawn, but certainly not on my lawn anymore. So I plod on, do I give in and take pain killers? I would hate to do that...right now the pain is working in my favour as hubby is cleaning up the kitchen as I am in waaaaayyyyy toooo much pain ( I did make dinner you know...gosh).
I think in here is a Dr. Seuss moment in here somewhere.
I love the fall but
I do not like all the leaves that fall
as I drag me down the hall
For I am about to fall
The End...to be continued later

4 Comments:
We are doomed to start dying from the moment we begin living.
Without both a beginning and an end, there can be no middle.
And the middle is the fun bit :)
Hmmm. I thought I'd try along the Dr. Seuss lines here too, but it loses it after the first four lines :) Still, it's the thought that counts ;)
You love the fall but,
You do not like the leaves at all.
You would not rake them on the lawn,
They should not wake you in the dawn.
But someone is there to call,
Your name from down the hall.
At least you made the dinner,
I hope that left you feeling a winner.
She loves the fall but the pain not at all
She loves the leaves but not sheaves of leaves
She's a winner at making dinner
She's determined not to whine about pining to be fine
Isn't this about a leaves and leaving?
ps keep that hubby - any man who cleans the kitchen deserves dessert with his dinner
O MIchele
I feel for you
I have lived with pain since I was 16. I have a back condition with a fancy latin name which really has just spelled pain. Pain ALL THE TIME. There is no rest. I have tryed many types of pills that leave me sicker from the side effects. I have come to regard this pain as a constant compannion. It reminds me daily to pray and seek strength for the day. I have come to wonder what I or life would be like without pain. How would my life be different? I guess I'd still be playing hockey and other physical things. I cry out to God for relief, but the only relief I have is peace of mind. Sometimes I think this pain has caused me to be empathetic towards people. Doc says fusion might help....yikes!!!!!!!!!! I'll keep the pain. Watch that your pain does not cause you to be angry or short tempered with people. I find myself getting snappy and short tempered when the pain is great.
I am trying to lose weight as the extra weight does not help me..it actually make my pain worse. I try to do physical things like walk, ride a bike, stay active..but not too active. When I am too active, I hurt too much.
Any way its not about me..its about you. Just know you have a christian brother who has experienced life the same way.
Hang in there and smile. I find that loving others helps to take the pain away.
cheers
dw
I thought of this post last night in bed...
I had cramp in me foot :)
Eugh, I think "old age" (lol) started creeping up on me from 25. I think I started receiving those slightly random aches and paints more often then. And I started noticing my nostril hair! There never used to be anything to have to worry about noticing! :)
And to think, I'm probably only a quarter of the way to the "final goalposts" yet! :)
A veritable cornucopia of as yet undiscovered ailments may be waiting for me around the very next corner!
(Ooh, I liked that sentence... Sounded like I've recently digested a dictionary ;)
Sorry, there wasn't really a point to this, other than to have a bit of a random complain at myself about a similar subject ;)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home