Got it
Hanni, I got your card. Thanks for the update. Just so that we are clear, I am not sitting here and spending my time worrying, I miss conversing with you. I would like to know that you are safe. It just now feels like you are a part of my past...
I am struggling with this blog thing. My motivation for this blog is gone, not sure if I am going to delete everything...this has been on my mind for a time now, not feeling motivated to write.
We finally got a couch, used one but it is much better that the futon we had that was so completely uncomfortable. It was great for when people stayed over night but impracticle for daily entertaining. Now to keep the dog off of it...my weakness...I think she should be able to stretch out and be comfortable when she sleeps at night, she already owned the futon.

8 Comments:
I have two inflatable sofas.
Sounds like a good job I don't have a dog! ;)
LOL, good thing indeed.
I hear ya. I dumped my blog. It serves no real purpose for me anymore, and no one reads it.
You two are weird.
You both have a decent number of regular readers (I notice Jef on Don's, wanderingwendy commenting on both, other people who appear to know you either one or both of you IRL commenting on both, to name but a few), and Hanni has said that she reads both your blogs.
And what do you do?
You complain that nobody reads it.
And then, after being upset by the amount of communication that you (don't) have with Hanni, you would get rid of the one thing you know she reads?
Many years ago, I remember someone telling me (probably an American ;) that Canadians are very clever... when they're sober ;)
Well, I have to say, I didn't have either of you pegged as the drinking type, but I don't know what on Earth you must both be drinking, because your logic has left me totally lost!
I'm probably too tired to be thinking straight, so I'll add a disclaimer of saying these are merely my initial reactionary thoughts, and I may see something differently tomorrow ;)
I'm allowed to be weird, as for the drinking, I will never tell. Hubby told me to change my motivation for the blog, I am undecided as of yet so there.
I also (did) read both Don's and Quizz Coach's blog.
My cat used to commandeer our spare room sofa until a bunch of noisy teens turned up, then it used to hide.
I was mistaken to insinuate that dumping my blog was motivated by no one reading it. wrong choice of words. wrong impression.I feel it serves no purpose anymore. If I am not motivated to write, and feel that my writings are of no help or consequence then why bother.
I am not fixing blame on anyone. Simply, I dont feel motivated to write.
No blame.. No drinks.. No vendictiveness..no alterior motives..no conspiracy..
my blog became a "life and times of don wright"......who cares.
I have nothing cleaver to offer the world right now.
THIS IS NOT SNOWS FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is don with nothing really left to say...for now.
SNOW is a big girl and has many ways to reach me if she wishes. Thankfully she has exercised that.
You yourself recommended that I simply trust. I trust that she is well. She has told me herself. I trust that and I accept that. I hold no grudge or ill feelings as I have come to grips with my perception of the situation.
My blog has served its purpose. Maybe someday I will return when I have purpose. You know nothing about other influnces that are motivating me because I have not told you. There are some things in my life that I have not shared.
My flakeyness is attributed to my artfullness or the way my brain is wired. I dont think mathematically. I wear my heart on my sleeve and shoot from the hip. Call me strange...but dont call me drunk.
Every time I write anything then it is immediately exposed to multiple points of view. did he mean that? did he say that? was that my intent?....
PLease do not pick this comment apart looking for loopholes or alternate meanings.
I continue to love Snow with my great big fatherly heart and if I felt that dumping my blog would hurt her, then I wouldnt have done it. LIfe changes, things change.
If I have said anything to you or anyone that requires apology or if you need to contact me I am open. My email address is patienceandselfcontrol@hotmail.com
I need to go now and learn how to have patience and self control.
I'm sorry, Don. As a reader, it is of course just kind of a surprise when these things happen without warning.
It is, of course, your blog to do with as you wish, and you do not have to explain your reasons for doing so.
I enjoyed reading your blog because it could both make me think, and it provided an insight into different people and different cultures.
Most recently, of course, with the Perspective post.
I was interested in seeing all those big places you were looking at too. Just kind of a different slice of life.
The post you wrote about your friend (I'm sorry, I don't remember this perfectly, so my rememberance may be slightly blurred) who had some sort of condition that meant when you went to the beach, he had to stay on the shore while you could play with his children was thought-provoking too.
When you were feeling a bit blue, and you went on that really long drive and saw that rainbow, that got me thinking too.
Actually, very little prompts me to look something up in the Bible (courtesy of biblegateway.com), but that actually made me go read about Noah, because I remembered that was where rainbows were mentioned.
That, in turn, also set me thinking, and prompted me to ask questions of others about what I had read.
I didn't have any sudden life-changing revelations or anything, but as a result of my reading your blog, it did spark an interesting chain of events.
So, until you find motivation anew, RIP Don's Blog, you made me think.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home