Thursday, August 03, 2006

Ride of my life

Okay went for a bike ride last night at about 8pm, could see in the distance some dark clouds and heard some thunder but it was far away. I paid no mind. Decided to push myself physically and go further on the the bike. I would look at the storm and it appeared to be missing us so I went a little further, though hubby was against it but gave in...maybe one time I will listen, na, unlikely, oh well.
Well, funny enough the clouds/storm was coming right for us, I saw lightening coming and thunder. I pedalled for my life I tell ya. The last thing I want to be on is my metal bicycle in a lightening storm. I wanted to give up, it got so dark so very fast, didn't think I would make it. Wanted to tell Norm to go on without me, then get the van to pick me up. I was looking for places to hide but being under a tree in a ligtening storm is not so smart. I rode by some friends houses and was thinking I could pull in there and wait it out. My mind was racing. Tried to focus my brain "push pull, push pull" with each turn of my pedals. I petered out going up a hill, I keep plugging though. I think we did 6 km in total. We did beat the storm, it started basically when we got in the house. What a ride, better than any amusement park ride. HA!

1 Comments:

Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

Wow, crazy stuff.

I bet you slept well that night ;)

Glad you made it back before it all set off, though :)

And you definitely don't want to turn into one of those people you see on TV sometimes who every five minutes they talk to, and each time starts starts with, "Well, the next time I was hit by lightning..." ;)

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home