Rest of Christmas Day and stuff





More pictures to sum up my Christmas . My Dad carving the Turkey with Norm and my Uncle supervising. New Years Day at my Mother-in-laws apartment. I asked Mom to find some pictures of my father in law and her, my father-in-law has passed away some years ago now. I wish I could have met him, I'm told he was quite the chaaracter. Tokio was born in BC, probably around 1916 - 1918, his father came to Canada from Hawaii. Toiiko went to school until grade 6, he was sent to Japan to be educated. He returned to Canada and continued working on the family strawberry farm, when it was time to get a wife he went back to Japan and married Sumiko. During the war he and his family were in-turned and sent to Manitoba.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home