Made it
So I made it thru the day...phew! I dealt with such crazy things, from 7 yr. olds all the way up to 13 yr. olds. I have a list waiting for me for tomorrow as I could not get to every situation today. My list is getting longer of the classrooms I need to be in as the Grade 2's seem to be losing their minds and the teachers are pulling out their hair...wondered why we have some many bald female teacher...(kidding). There is one little guy who I just love to death. He came from Afganistan in Nov., he came onto my radar screen as he was throwing snow and we have a strictly policy for no snow throwing. I spoke with the littlel guys' teacher and she told me to go easy on him as he just came from Afganistan on Monday, this was Thursday. So I had him walking with me so he can learn how to play appropriately with snow. His little guy sounds like he just smoked a pack of cigarettes's his voice is so husky, it is very funny. I will call him Gary. So Gary still hangs out with me at recess, everyday he runs for me and hugs me and plays with me. I usually have about 3 -4 kids walking with me at recess for detention so everyone asks Gary if he is on detention with me, he looks so puzzled and says' "no." It's like he has no idea that I am the disciplinarian on the yard, he see's me as his toy. I have bought mitts for him, spoke with a teacher as I was concerned that he did not have snow pants so this teacher brought old ones from her son in for Gary. I am learning so much about Gary, I was thinking that at school in Afganistan that he played with teachers so that is why he plays with me all the time, everyday, every recess. Turns out that he has never played with adults (not that I like classifying myself as such), also turns out that Gary has never gone to school before until he came to Canada, he had a tutor come to his house. So this little guy comes to a country that has so much snow, that he has a classroom with 25 other kids in it, and at recess there are approx. 1200 students running around on the yard. This must blow his mind. I am now going into Gary's class to help his teacher as Gary always comes to her after he has written one word, every 2 seconds he is out of his desk showing the teacher what he has done. What a loveable little guy, what Character. Gary is so cheerful, positive and willing to learn.
The 13 yr. old was just dumb. One guy(A) went to another guy(B) amd B asked A why he was talking about him, A said he was not, B, in jest, knocked A's baseball cap off. A went to knock off B's cap but in the process hit B in the head (more like a punch). B did not retaliate but walked away. All of A's friends turned on A, thus causing a split. A was crying that his friends have turned on him. A has the mentality of a stick and seems to desire to part of the Crips gang (that is all he and his buddy talk about). B wants no part of that ( he is a Christian), B is a really good guy. B will go places in life, A, based strickly on behaviour, is lining up for jail time. Kinda makes me sad, have spoken with A so many times, he just doesen't get it.Bit of stress today with hubby due to an issue, he called me at work. My only recourse is to pray, my only comfort. I emailed a good friend who was also praying. When I spoke with hubby he sounded positive.
Thanks for the sleeping bag suggestion, going to contemplate it some more, I think you may have something there.by the way English friend, I about fell off my chair laughing at "hey Outsider, Evolution is a 4 syllable word." You crack me up.
Time to read book for Bible Study.
Hubby is making dinner tonight, Venicia here he comes (local pizza place).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home