Sin or not
Where is the line we as Christians draw? Can we draw a line of what is right and wrong or is that "unloving" if we draw a line of non-acceptance of a sin?
So if I believe what the Bible says and stand up for it, why do I get labeled as "unloving"? Can we accept a sin behaviour and not say anything? Are we to say nothing when our brother is in the wrong? I don't like when people tell me I am wrong and sinning against God, but guess what? I am convicted and will hopefully do something about it. I know I am wrong and sin against God, God corrects me and I repent.
I spoke with a colleague at school today and she told me how satan is entering her church thru the wishy washy teachings. She told me about this past Sunday when we are to be rejoicing in the risen Christ and her minister was talking about Jesus metaphorically raising from the dead and not bodily. He talked about that it didn't matter what one believed as all ways lead to God. What a load of crock!! Fatima was beside herself as was her husband. Her husband will be meeting with an Elder of their Church to discuss the sermon and the concerns they have.
I refuse not to follow God's Word. It is in that we have our hope for salvation and blessing.
I am frustrated!

3 Comments:
Sin is not just perpetrated from the pulpit out. It is evident in our own lives in the way we live and treat each other. Just because someone can quote scripture, it doesnt make them holy. We need to truly begin with ourselves. Hipocracy is another form of sin. It isnt good enough to say whats right, BUT to do whats right....thats my 2 cents......almost...
If that church proves that it is not honoring Christ I would say flee as fast as your legs can carry you.....others may chose to stay and fight, but I would vote with my feet.
But isn't their minister just demonstrating good business sense? After all, bums in seats keep the lights on and their programs funded. Can't minister to an empty room, right?
Calvin & Hobbs is my favourite comic strip of all time. In one such strip, Calvin is sitting at a classic lemonade stand with a sign on it that says, "A swift kick in the butt - $1". Hobbs approaches and askes, "How's business?". Calvin replies, "Terrible". Hobbs sarcastically says, "That's hard to believe". To which a bewildered Calvin says, "I can't understand it. Everbody I know needs what I'm selling!" Author Bill Watterson comments below the strip, "People will pay for what they want, but not for what they need."
After all, don't we all want to go to a church that will tell us that what we're already doing is good enough and to be able to help the guy next to us take the "speck out of his eye" so that he can step up to the righteous bar with the rest of us?
Gosh wonder if Jesus ever thought of doing good business sense? I would say he separated the truth from lies. We are to live that way too.
Sure we can go to a church that tells us we are okay but then that would be a lie and we are not living according to the Word.
Good points you brought up...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home