Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Hanni, Please don't get upset...yet

Alright now, please pay attention to what I am saying.


Now, about getting married...

How long have you know this guy? Why are you getting married? For what purpose? For love or for God's calling on both your lives?

I am not sure it has to do with God's calling as he is not a believer, you have read the Bible verses about being unequally yoked. This is not new to you. Is it because he is nice? Treats you good? That is not enough as a child of God. Are you living with him? Has your Pastor met him yet?

I can get various woman to share with you the stuggles and the like marrying non-Christian men. I can almost say with total certainty that each of the women I know would want to marry a man who follows Christ as they do. I tell you right now that I would never have considered marrying Norm if he did not believe. You are 19 yrs. old, live life. Do you want to share your life with a man who does not share your enthusiasim when you teach/mold young minds at church? Who is not your cheerleader/counsel when you rumage thru God's word to find that one verse that would explain something of great value to someone?


Let's be honest here, any man you have come in contact with via internet or in person has lead to not so good situations. This is not your fault by any means, it's a product of the environment upon which you came thru.


Now I know you ditched me because I am like a mom to you, you didn't want the pressure I'm sure. I am not going to lie to you nor hold my tongue when your best interests are at my heart. I know you very well, maybe that bothers you.

The most important thing is to follow Christ to where He leads you, nothing more, nothing less.  

Peace.

2 Comments:

Blogger Inspector Monkfish said...

I am sure Hanni knows what her heart really tells her.

I do not have anything to tell me whether she is doing the right thing or not, and I have no reason to assume to know on her behalf.



Of course, as I found myself, the problem is not always in the knowing. It is in acting upon what you know.

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow...am I ever out of the loop and no way to talk to her without a public expression. I will sit silent as my opinion or advice has not been requested. So as always, I extend a welcome hand and am available to talk if Hanni wishes.

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home