Thursday, April 10, 2008

Unleashing the German

So, I arranged a meeting with my brother in law, the Pastor of my mother in law's church, myself and my husband to discuss my mother in law and her needs. At the meeting it was agreed that the Pastor would use his connections at Momiji to get my mother in law onto the short witing list for an apartment. I told my brother in law that I contact CCAC (they provide assistance for the elderly) to get some support. I asked the Pastor to get back to us within 2 weeks. So Monday night my brother in law calls me and says that Pastor Yoshida called Momiji and there is a 7 yr. waiting list and could not get mom on the short list. I do not do well with "no" or "not now" any type of word that prohibits me from getting what I want. So I asked my husband if he is prepared with unleashing the German in me to get my way, he said to go ahead. So I call Momiji, I speak the person who does the accepting of new clients, I explained to her the whole situation with my mother in law and the urgency of this. She asked me if a Survey has been filled out with regards to her needs, I told I was not aware if one was, she checked the file and there was nothing - my brother in law is the contact person with Momiji but he is not following thru with things. I asked her to send me the survey and I will fill it out. I filled it out and faxed it back, she said she would get back to me within a week.
Now with CCAC we are setting up an inital meeting to see what mom's needs are and see if they can get someone in to help her with preparing her meals and with mobility.
I now phone mom everyday to make sure she is drinking water and eating her meals. Mom usually speaks Japanese with me so I am going to try and learn some of the language to help me understand what she is saying.
One step at a time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so like did you get help for her or what?
and how is the japaneze going?

I am right in the middle of my A levels, hey i got into the uni i wanted if my grades come back how i expect. I cant believe someone like me is going to uni, god is good huh, like i am actually going!

XX4U

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home