Sunday, January 04, 2009

Thinking

So I am planning an adventure and I love new adventures. This past Summer I met some really fun people at our KW Scooter Club ride to October Fest and I mention that I want to go out to the East Coast by Scooter. Well, the 3 people I was chatting with said they would like to come along so now it looks like a go for us. Norm and I picked up some gear yesterday at the Bike Show, he got a great Mesh jacket, we both got custom ear plugs and some summer riding gloves. The only problem I have now is finding a scooter to ride out there. I think I may have found one a BV 250, looks cute and yet practical.
And so my brain keeps thinking of maybe I could write an article for the new scooter magazine I just bought a subscription to as I didn't see any articles by every day riders and sharing their experiences. So then of course off goes my brain with how might I be able to use this ride for further good. I thought why not use the ride to Nova Scotia as a way to raise money for Breast Cancer research but then Norm suggest why not something close to home for us like Heart and Stroke foundation. Hmmm...I suffered a stroke, I have high blood pressue, my folks have high blood pressure, husband has high blood pressure, well that would make sense to do that. so maybe I can use this adventure as an inspiration for me to lose some weight, have a goal and really do it, do it for the ride but do it to save my life too. That is something I need to digest and little then come up with an action plan.
I want to use my blog as a way to start putting this altogether. The stepping stone to writing how this will all come together.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh!

Impressive!

Sounds like a really great project :) Something to really sink your teeth into, and potential benefits on so many levels!

Good luck!!

5:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, happy new year!
This sounds like fun!!!!!!!

Hanni

4:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home