My nephew
Things in life change...a lot. I had an issue just prior to my marriage with my best friend, we basically ended our relationship and I lost my nephew, it killed me. I bought birthday presents for my nephew Davey and saved them but I never saw him. I am now in contact with my girlfriend again after 7.5 yrs. and on the weekend I saw my Davey. Davey was born in Germany when Cheryl was married to Thomas, due to abuse issues the marriage ended and Cheryl returned with Davey. Davey and I had the most awesome relationship, he would always turn to me when he was scared or anything. I remember being at Cheryl' apparentment when Davey was 2 and there was a thunderstorm going on and Cheryl was holding Davey, and Davey held out his arms for me to hold him, I remember the surprise on Cheryl's face that her son wanted me when he was scared.
When ever I stayed over at Cheryl's I would share her bed and Davey would always sleep right in between us, may a times I would wake up with Davey's feet or butt in my face. I loved this boy like he was my own.
Well on the weekend I spent some time with Davey, he came over with his mom and his little brother. He said he really enjoyed his time up here. I went down to see him on Sunday, I bought him some of his favourite sugar treats for breakfast. I asked his mom if I could take him out to spend some quality time with him. Davey is now 14 and almost 6 feet tall. I took him out to the store and I apologized to him for my leaving him, I asked him to forgive me, he of course said right away he did, I told him he will need to take some time before saying he forgave me. When I think about it it makes me cry and I do cry about the lost years and the pain it has caused him. Davey is so unlike his little brother, Davey is calm, easy going always wanting to please while is little brother demands attention and will do anything to get it, very tiring the little guy is.
I want Davey in my life very badly to the point it hurts some times. I have kept all this inside all these years.
I know I will never be a mom but he was a son to me.

1 Comments:
...
...
...
*hugs*
-IM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home