Sunday, February 26, 2006

So here we go

Well, we had a great sermon at Church today. Just love the topics lately, some sermon's are just blowing my mind off. I get so excited when I get served meat at Church with preaching. Leaves me something to think about and digest all week at work, what more could you want from Church? So today's sermon was full, feel like I have a piece of steak in my mouth but I can't get it all down, can't chew thru it...Jake had so many points to make, all valid but seems time is a factor. We only get about 45 mins. of preaching, for me that is way too short. When you have this beautifully presented meal in front of you, all the choice meats laid out, with the best hand picked veggies to go along, then there is a beautiful desert waiting but you only have 45 mins. to gulp it all down...what is that about?? Would I go to a restaurant like that? NO WAY! We will take our time when we eat an awesome meal, feel we are getting ripped off if we are rushed, and today I felt rushed trying to following along the Sermon. My salvation, my growth is at steak/stake (no pun intended...ok just a little) and some complain that Church is too long. What is up with that? My question for those who have that mind set ask your self some question like: how long do you spend in God's word all week, in prayer, listening to preaching? My bet is the big Zero, so we get upset with 45 minutes to seek/fed knowledge? I don't get that. It's like me having a converstation with someone and with them pouring out their heart and saying "can you hurry, I don't have time for you." Can't imagine God ever thinking like that? and if He did I would be scared.
I don't know, these are just my thoughts.

2 Comments:

Blogger Coach said...

I agree but when working/playing with kids we are to entertain them, kids go to babysitters all day and survive. I have trouble concentrating too but when the stuff grabs your mind then I don't want to wiz right thru it. Our church too the little ones go out and they are having fun. So far Jake has not been boring.

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love arriving early and leaving late. I love a long sermon....as long as its meaty. I could listen for hours...so I'm with you. The difficult thing for us at EVAC is having such a wide spectrum of people at various stages of the walk coupled with time commitments often involving children and sport. I am resigned to to having a shorter sermon to accomodate those people. I guess the combat aginst not enough time or substance would be to be involved in a house church. Ya it was a great service on Sunday wasnt it. Maybe Jake could take that sermon and open it up a bit more in a future series or something.

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home