It's Over



We are finished with our yearly Dinner and Silent Auction. Not sure if it is the last year we will do it due to the astronomical work involved and co-ordinating it all. My area of expertise is not co-ordinating things but I'm the "stuff getter" for the Auction part. I can do that without any qualms, no problem approaching stores and the like to ask for a donation but don't ask me to organize anything.
I know I had a lot of fun, my friend from work said she didn't recall the last time she had laughed so hard. From the people that spoke to me and phoned me all said they had a great time. The competion for items at times became painful for some...you have to keep an eye on Kim, no telling what she is capable of when she wants an item.
I loved the Adults vs. Kids Quiz Off and then the General Knowledge Quiz. I haven't sat down and figured out excactly how much we made for our program considering math is not my area of strength (just ask Paul N. as I gave him lots of money and tabulted it all and then I was off my only 300 plus in the positive).

1 Comments:
We had a great time! I too laughed my beard off! and yes I'm angry because someone "STOLE" my ugh Norms shirt from me. I was so sure that a bid significantly greater than the asking bid would do the trick. Evidently not. I had to settle for some honey. I guess in the end, the quizzers benefit....its just thatr I wanted that shirt!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home